Thanks to everyone who made Gen Con 2012 a success. I have heard back from many of you regarding my children's short stories and they were very upset that they could not attend Gen Con this year. We are hoping next year though.
In the future look forward to Missing Pieces IV to be released at Gen Con 2013 next year along with How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse (working title) and an unnamed collaboration between myself and the spunky Tracy Chowdury.
I will also be updating the website more frequently including bonus articles so please check back often.
New from Dragon Roots Magazine and Old School Publishing:
Missing Pieces is a select smorgasbord of fantasy offerings
from the talented writers of GenCon 2010 ‘Author’s Avenue’:
Whether it’s a fine, juicy back-story from a beloved author
or an enticing new flavor from one you have yet to discover,
you’ll find plenty to sink your teeth into.
Missing Pieces features eight satisfying shorts-
-everything from shape-shifters to classic ‘epics’
to bone-chilling supernatural thrillers-
-brought to you by the fine editors of Dragon Roots magazine.
Here you’ll find a tasty sampler intended to whet your appetite
and leave you hungry for more quality fantasy.
You might then want to fill up on some full-length novels-
-the ‘main course’ awaits you on ‘the Avenue’.
Perhaps you’ll find a new favorite!
C.S. Marks, author of the Elfhunter trilogy
Matt and Stef Verish, authors of Raven’s Heart
Maxwell Alexander Drake, author of the Genesis of Oblivion saga
V.J.Waks, Author of TAU4 and soon to be released HAMMERSPACE
Dylan Birtolo, author of The Bringer of War
Tracy R. Chowdhury, author of Shadow Over Shandahar
and Dark Mists of Ansalar
And new favorite authors like Todd Austin Hunt,
author of yet to be named series and
C.E.Rocco, author of the Wizards at War series.
Our website will soon be undated to sell missing pieces in pdf format and soft cover 6x9 soon after GenCon. It retails for $14.99 but since we have been reclusive for the last year, we are offering the soft cover Missing Pieces for $9.99. Also while at GenCon we will be selling our remaining stock of Gary Gygax t-shirts for $5.
Issue #4 has been a trying experience to say the least. We had most of the work completed before GenCon but with our printer raising his rates another $3 an issue we couldn't print it. We would have lost thousands. After GenCon we decided to reformat the issue with some new material, but with two more of the regular staff laid off from their normal jobs the release has been delayed again.
We have not forgot about the loyal readers and we have read all the e-mails inquiring about the next issue. Please bear with us as we make our corrections to Issue #4. I promise 4 issues will come out before GenCon next year so that means that there will be an issue that runs back to back with another. Most likely the late Winter/early Spring issue will be released very close apart. As far as issue #4 is concerned, we are putting the finishing touches on it but we are still looking for an affordable printer. If worse comes to worse, we will release the pdf version and send out the print versions when we find a reasonable printer.
Thanks for your continued support.
Dragon Roots Magazine
G E N C O N
Come see us at author's row at GenCon this year. Win a chance to get a free Gary Gygax t-shirt by solving the Rubik cube before I do. Meet the editor-in-chief and creator of Dragon Roots magazine, C.E.Rocco, and one of the creative masterminds and editors, The Alway.
On the way to the printers as I type
No long wait for issue #4, it is coming in July!!!
We are working diligently on Dragon Roots magazine issue #3 (that's the fourth issue for those counting). Issue #3 will be released in March 2009.
The Dragon Roots forum
is now up and running. Please visit the forum
and post to your heart's content!
As always, we are looking for gifted writers and artists to contribute
to the magazine. The pay is nonexistent, but the glory - oh the glory - should not be underestimated.
Please visit our online store
to get your Dragon Roots fix!
Issue #3 - Available March 2009
Issue #3 Features
- Robillard's Tale Vol. 3 - C.E. Rocco
- A Brave New World, part 2 - Paul Brazelton
- Trouble With Gold - Mick Dixon
- a history of money with adventure hooks
- Servants of the Faith - Jason always & C.E.Rocco
- [4e] new divine powers for specific religions
- Animal House - Daniel Bishop
- [3.x] more races and paragons of the Middle World
- Campaign Considerations of Mountainous Areas - Daniel Bishop
- and more...
Issue #2 - Now Available
Issue #2 Features
- Review: Game Night (a book by Jonny Nexus)
- Review: GURPs Mystery
- Review: Doctor Wizard's Patented Elevation Indicator
- The Necromancer - C.E. Rocco
- Dragon Grumbles - Tim Kask
- commentary on roleplaying past and present
- Hall of Wonders: Tower of Gygax - Tim Kask
- [AD&D] Gary Gygax tribute module
- When Nobody Plays The Rogue - Ian Ferguson
- [3.x/4E] options for rogue-less parties
- Behind the Curtain - C.E. Rocco
- [4E] interview with Richard Baker and Scott Rouse
- Campaign Considerations: Coastal Regions - Daniel Bishop
- A Brave New World, part 1 - Paul Brazelton
- Robillard's Tale, volume 2 - C.E. Rocco
Issue #1 - Now Available
Issue #1 Features
- Review: Pirate Guides to Freeport
- Review: Adventurer (card game)
- Tomb Raider - C.E. Rocco
- [3.x] new base class for those who love to explore
- In Memory of... - Jeremy Jones
- Resistance is Futile - Bil White
- discussion of miniature use in roleplaying games
- Races & Paragons from the Middle World - Daniel Bishop
- [3.x] new paragon levels for humans
- Faerie Encounters - Daniel Bishop
- [3.x] new faeries to keep your PCs guessing
- Table Talk - C.E. Rocco
- [4E] play session of Keep on the Shadowfell
- Robillard's Tale, volume 1 - C.E. Rocco (commentary by DM Paul Brazelton)
- [3.x Grim 'n' Gritty] A Simple Life campaign story
- The Last Minute GM - Bil White
- [3.x] traps, treasure, tricks, and trouble to add to your campaign
- Campaign Considerations: Tropical Adventures - Daniel Bishop
- What's Over There?: Temple of the Golden Ape - Daniel Bishop
- [3.x] sidetrack adventure
Issue #0 - Now Available
Issue #0 Features
- What's Your Story - C.E. Rocco
- [3.x] socially accepted backgrounds with flair for your campaign
- Be Thee for Law or Chaos - Daniel Bishop
- comprehensive guide to alignment
- 4th Edition Queries - C.E. Rocco
- [4E] reader questions answered by WotC
- Working your way up to first level (revisited) - C.E. Rocco
- [3.x] rules for creating 0 level characters
- A Day at the Fair - C.E. Rocco
- [3.x] adventure for characters level 0 and beyond
If you are checking out our website because you think we had something to do with the "4e Killed Gary," T-shirts then allow me to tell you now that neither myself nor any of my employees either wore or sold this shirt. We had nothing to do with those shirts.
We did sell shirts, but it was not those ones. It had our in tribute of Gary art from our Issue #1 cover art on the front and the offical GenCon logo along with a quote from Gary "Roll high, Game long" (which was the quote winner from our Gary quote contest we held after he passed away) on the back.
We are actually huge fans of Gary. I drove 12 hours to go to his funeral in the middle of a raging blizzard. I encourage you to take a closer look at whatever thread you read and re-read it to make sure you were reading it correctly.
Something wonky happened from the finished product to the actual letter received. The formatting got screwed up some how, so my apologies if the text appears clumped together. I will try and figure out what went wrong and correct it for the next newsletter. .
If you did not receive a newsletter and would like to, simply e-mail me at email@example.com
and put "NEWSLETTER #X," in the subject line.
Due to a problem with newsletter formating, new newsletters will be posted here.
Sign up for our mailing list to receive information about upcoming issues and special offers.
NOTE: due to a software bug, some e-mail addresses won't process correctly. Therefore, we will just add you to our list without a confirmation. You can still cancel at any time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Dragon Roots Icons top